Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My gills are now wet!

Well, it was my first time in the pool today since August 2010. It felt great! This is what I did for my warmup:
Dolphins dives 50m
100m Free
50m IM kick
50m Pull
50m Free
Workout:
6 x 50m Free 15 sec rest in between sets
50m pull
50m pull with speedo paddles
50m sculling with buoy between legs
350m Free swim

Next swim workout I will time myself for a 700m swim.

Yesterdays workout I scaled as I am still recovering from a stomach bug I caught on the week-end.
A chipper is a workout that makes you feel like you have been through a wood chipper at the end of the workout. A.K.A Exhaustion! One round for time.
"Chipperiffic" by me (15:55) felt sick during the workout but I pushed through.
20 Med Ball Cleans 14lbs
30 box jumps 20"
20 pull ups used 1/2"band
20 Kettlebell Swings 25lbs
30 Burpees
15 knees to elbows
20 SDHP 35lbs


The weather here in New Brunswick is finally warming up. The mounds of snow are now only banks of snow. I am mentally in gear for training. Hopefully, no illnesses arise. Tomorrow morning I plan to go swimming again. I will be doing a time trial for a 700m which is 28 laps of the pool very boring to do indoors but awesome out on the lake. I was looking at an adventure race called Tough mudder it is just insane! I think I need two more years of training before I feel comfortable doing this one. However, I would love to give it a try! 


For now my goal is to beat my last Tri time. This is what I am working towards. I haven't started biking I have decided that I am not yet a tri junkie that can cycle indoors so I am leaving it until I am able to bike outdoors. I will be working on my swimming, running and strength training.


Post tomorrow..peace:)

No comments:

Post a Comment